Sorry, this entry is only available in Russian.
It is quite difficult to determine the responsibilities, which a corporate e-learning specialist should carry out. If you look at the issues that are discussed at profile conferences, communities, and e-learning specialists forums, then you might think that such an expert is not an ordinary person, but some sort of multi-handed Hindu god Shiva who should do everything from administrating LMS database to creating and translating training videos.
Such a multitasking of work duties is a norm for this sphere. E-learning is a high-tech activity and actually should be handled by the team working at the company’s department of distance learning. However, each team member shouldn’t be an e-learning specialist.
About the team:
- 8 Key Players In eLearning Development
- 9 Key Players You Need On Your eLearning Dream Team
- Key Roles of an ELearning Project http://bit.ly/2KUw9EH
Let’s try to individuate 5 Hard Skills, which e-learning specialist must necessarily possess as a member of the e-learning team.
The next 29th version of the e-Learning and staff development platform “Collaborator” is released.
We improved the internal mechanisms of the platform, created two new functions – Checklists and Contacts. Furthermore, we changed access to additional course materials and made many other improvements.
In this release:
1. Checklists – a tool for verification and evaluation
2. Contacts – a contact directory of your organization
3. Change of access to additional course materials
4. Creation of notices for webinars
5. Birthdays widget – changed appearance
6. Chat – sending of mp3 files is enabled
7. Changing in titles of Wiki articles
8. Checkpoints in Working Tasks
9. Prevention of autonomous password change
10. Optimization of courses, tests and complex tests
Collaborator v.1.25.0 release – lots of essential improvements:
- Approach for providing learning materials at user’s option is worked over.
– Catalog of courses is rearranged into Catalog of tasks;
– Catalog is available for Guests;
– Task creation process is modernized;
– New filters for task management.
- New type of question is available in polls – “Evaluate on scale”.
- New functions in tests.
– Importing of free-answer questions;
– Setting tags for test questions;
– New way of test question sampling – “By one question from each group”.
- Test protocol for SCORM courses.
- Notifying users about news.
- Inserting of audio resource into resource-pages.
- Improvement of main portal’s page.
- Automatic termination of expired tasks.
- Many minor improvements:
– Number of mandatory fields in user sign up form is reduced;
– Notifying Administrators about self-facilitated sign up by new users;
– Notifying Users about changes in their email, login or password conducted by Administrators;
– New portal options: “do not overwrite login at import” and “prohibit login changing”;
– Directors may review reports on their subordinates participation in webinars;
– Directors may accept or refuse requests for additional testing attempts;
– “Manage only own training programs” right is added for roles;
– Reminders about enabling of browser notifications;
– Group operations of assigning notices to user are enhanced;
– Workshop discussion protocol could be printed out;
– Removing of text formatting in WYSIWYG editor is improved.
Totally, more than 150 changes aimed at development of functionality and improvement of new system functions operation are implemented.